God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!
Brother Max
2024-03-16 04:33:58 UTC
Did you know that the space program is busy proving that what has been
called “myth” in the Bible is true? Mr. Harold Hill, President of the
Curtis Engine Company in Baltimore Maryland, and a consultant in the
space program, relates the following development: I think one of the
most amazing things that God has for us today happened recently to our
astronauts and space scientists at Green Belt, Maryland. They were
checking the position of the sun, moon, and planets out in space where
they would be, 100 years and 1000 years from now. We have to know this
so we won’t send a satellite up and have it bump into something later
on in its orbits. We have to lay out the orbits in terms of the life of
the satellite, and where the planets will be, so the whole thing will
not bog down. They ran the computer measurement back and forth over the
centuries and it came to a halt. The computer stopped and put up a red
signal, which meant that there was something wrong either with the
information fed into it, or with the results as compared to the
standards.

They called in the service department to check it out and they said
“what’s wrong?” Well they found there is a day missing in space, in
elapsed time. They scratched their heads and tore their hair. There was
no answer. Finally, a Christian man on the team said, “You know, one
time I was in Sunday school and they talked about the sun standing
still.” While they didn’t believe him, they didn’t have an answer
either, so they said “Show us.” He got a Bible and went back to the
book of Joshua where they found a pretty ridiculous statement for any
one with “common sense.” There they found the Lord saying to Joshua,
“Fear them not, I have delivered them into thy hand; there shall not a
man of them stand before thee.” Joshua was concerned because he was
surrounded by the enemy and if darkness fell they would overpower
them.(check references below.) So Joshua asked the Lord to make the sun
stand still! That’s right-”The sun stood still and the moon stayed-and
hasted not to go down about a whole day!”

They checked the computers going back into the time it was written and
found it was close but not close enough. The elapsed time that was
missing back in Joshua’s day was 23 hours and 20 minutes-not a whole
day. They read the Bible and there it was “about (approximately) a
day.” These little words in the Bible are important, but they were
still in trouble, because if you cannot account for 40 minutes you’ll
still be in trouble, 1,000 years from now. Forty minutes had to be
found because it can be multiplied many times over in orbits.

As the Christian employee thought about it, he remembered somewhere in
the Bible where it said the sun went BACKWARDS. The scientists told him
he was out of his mind, but they got out the Book and read these words
in 2 Kings: Hezekiah, on his death-bed, was visited by the prophet
Isaiah who told him that he was not going to die. Hezekiah asked for a
sign as proof. Isaiah said, “Do you want the sun to go ahead 10
degrees?” Hezekiah said “It is nothing for the sun to go ahead 10
degrees, but let the shadow return backward 10 degrees.” Isaiah spoke
to the Lord and the Lord brought the shadow ten degrees BACKWARD! Ten
degrees is exactly 40 minutes! Twenty-three hours and 20 minutes in
Joshua, plus 40 minutes in Second Kings make the missing day in the
universe! Isn’t it amazing?! Our God is rubbing their noses in His
Truth!
Kualinar
2024-03-16 16:45:01 UTC
Post by Brother Max
Did you know that the space program is busy proving that what has been
called “myth” in the Bible is true?
No, it don't.

Post by Brother Max
[...]
Never happened.

Computer simulations routinely go back millions to billions of years in
the past. So, way farther than the biblical times.
Then, the calculation for satellites only go FORWARD. There is no need
for those to go backward to before the launch of the satellites.
Then, the satellites orbit around the Earth. The position of the planets
have little to no effect. A time span of 100 years or more is far longer
than the life expectancy of ANY satellite.
All that story is made up. It never happened.
Siri Cruise
2024-03-17 00:00:39 UTC
Post by Kualinar
All that story is made up. It never happened.
It's an old story. I heard it in my misspent youth.
--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
of Discordian Mysteries. This post insults Islam. Mohamed
Mitchell Holman
2024-03-17 01:42:08 UTC
Post by Brother Max
[...]
I like the part about how the Earth
stops spinning for a whole day. Never
mind the physical impossibilities, can
they just explain why no one else on
the whole planet noticed it?
Rod Flanders
2024-03-17 10:35:12 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kualinar
Post by Brother Max
Did you know that the space program is busy proving that what has
been called “mythâ€? in the Bible is true?
No, it don't.
Post by Brother Max
They called in the service department to check it out and they said
“what’s wrong?â€? Well they found there is a day missing in
space, in elapsed time. They scratched their heads and tore their
hair. There was no answer. Finally, a Christian man on the team said,
“You know, one time I was in Sunday school and they talked about
the sun standing still.â€? While they didn’t believe him, they
didn’t have an answer either, so they said “Show us.â€? He got a
Bible and went back to the book of Joshua where they found a pretty
ridiculous statement for any one with “common sense.â€? There they
found the Lord saying to Joshua, “Fear them not, I have delivered
them into thy hand; there shall not a man of them stand before
thee.� Joshua was concerned because he was surrounded by the enemy
and if darkness fell they would overpower them.(check references
below.) So Joshua asked the Lord to make the sun stand still!
That’s right-â€?The sun stood still and the moon stayed-and hasted
[...]
sun to go ahead 10 degrees?â€? Hezekiah said “It is nothing for the
sun to go ahead 10 degrees, but let the shadow return backward 10
degrees.� Isaiah spoke to the Lord and the Lord brought the shadow
ten degrees BACKWARD! Ten degrees is exactly 40 minutes! Twenty-three
hours and 20 minutes in Joshua, plus 40 minutes in Second Kings make
the missing day in the universe! Isn’t it amazing?! Our God is
rubbing their noses in His Truth!
All that story is made up. It never happened.
I like the part about how the Earth
stops spinning for a whole day. Never
mind the physical impossibilities, can
they just explain why no one else on
the whole planet noticed it?
God's Word says the sun stopped moving, not the Earth.

--
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and
thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Acts 16:31
The Doctor
2024-03-17 12:16:43 UTC
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Brother Max
[...]
And that is in the Historic Book of Joshua!
--
Member - Liberal International This is ***@nk.ca Ici ***@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown
Mitchell Holman
2024-03-17 13:21:42 UTC
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kualinar
Post by Brother Max
hours and 20 minutes in Joshua, plus 40 minutes in Second Kings make
the missing day in the universe! Isn’t it amazing?! Our God is
rubbing their noses in His Truth!
All that story is made up. It never happened.
I like the part about how the Earth
stops spinning for a whole day. Never
mind the physical impossibilities, can
they just explain why no one else on
the whole planet noticed it?
God's Word says the sun stopped moving, not the Earth.
So the Earth is fixed in space and
everything moves around it.

Is that your final answer?
Kualinar
2024-03-17 16:12:27 UTC
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Brother Max
[...]
Back then, they believed the Earth to be flat, at the centre of the
world and that the Sun, planets and stars moved around it.
So, the wording was in accordance to their belief.
Anyway, the Sun stopping would have been noticed by ALL of the other
civilizations of the time, many of witch already had writing. NONE
noticed anything.
So, it's safe to assume that it never happened.

Remember that the bible is NOT an historical record. It's a record of
stories.
The Doctor
Rod Flanders
What do you think God was trying to tell us in that story?
palsing
2024-03-18 04:15:34 UTC
Post by Rod Flanders
What do you think God was trying to tell us in that story?
And just which god would that be?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations
The Doctor
2024-03-18 16:00:11 UTC
Post by palsing
Post by Rod Flanders
What do you think God was trying to tell us in that story?
And just which god would that be?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations
There is but one God, Yahweh the creator!
Mitchell Holman
2024-03-18 17:41:10 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by palsing
Post by Rod Flanders
What do you think God was trying to tell us in that story?
And just which god would that be?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations
There is but one God, Yahweh the creator!
Then who sits on the Divine Council?

"God has taken his place in the divine council;
in the midst of the gods he holds judgment"
Psalm 82:1
Kualinar
2024-03-18 18:19:35 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by palsing
Post by Rod Flanders
What do you think God was trying to tell us in that story?
And just which god would that be?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations
There is but one God, Yahweh the creator!
Please tell us WHY it MUST be Yahweh and not any of the other gods from
humanity's religions through the ages ?

The only «proof» of Yahweh are found in the bible, and the bible is
definitively NOT a reliable source.
mikey sayed
2024-03-26 00:54:48 UTC
Post by palsing
Post by Rod Flanders
What do you think God was trying to tell us in that story?
And just which god would that be?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations
You don't really care what the answer is.

Robert Youngdale
2024-03-18 13:56:03 UTC
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Kualinar
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Brother Max
[...]
There was no "god" trying to tell anyone anything in those stories. He didn't
write them and didn't inspire them.
The Doctor
Kualinar
2024-03-18 18:21:49 UTC
Post by Brother Max
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Kualinar
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Kualinar
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Kualinar
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Kualinar
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Kualinar
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Kualinar
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Kualinar
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kualinar
Post by Brother Max
[...]
Prove it.
Prove that it's a lie.
You can't, you just can't without quoting the utterly unreliable bible.
Kualinar
2024-03-18 18:17:07 UTC
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Kualinar
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Brother Max
[...]
More like : What does the human author of that story wanted to tell us ?
Telling us how Great his god is, just like all of the authors of all of
the stories contained in the holy books of ALL religions ever.
Scout
2024-03-19 22:00:56 UTC
Post by Rod Flanders
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Brother Max
[...]
Now, now.. they would have us believe that God came down from heaven and
dictated it to them as if to a stenographer....

Same thing thing when they decided which of these stories to include in the
Bible.
Al Feldhauser
There is no such thing as "god's word"
The Doctor