Gaza death toll could be as high as 186,000, warn health experts
NefeshBarYochai
2024-07-14 04:26:14 UTC
Since the Hamas attack on Israel on October 7, the Gaza Health
Ministry states that 37,396 people have been killed in Gaza.

While the figures are disputed by Israeli authorities they are widely
considered to be accurate by the United Nations and World Health
Organisation.

However, according to medical researcher Rasha Khatib, public health
expert Professor Martin McKee, and epidemiologist Professor Salim
Yusuf, the conflict may be responsible for as many as four times as
many deaths as currently reported.

In an article published by medical journal The Lancet, they state that
“armed conflicts have indirect health implications beyond the direct
harm from violence”.

“Even if the conflict ends immediately,” they said.

“There will continue to be many indirect deaths in the coming months
and years from causes such as reproductive, communicable, and
non-communicable diseases.

“The total death toll is expected to be large given the intensity of
this conflict; destroyed health-care infrastructure; severe shortages
of food, water, and shelter; the population's inability to flee to
safe places; and the loss of funding to UNRWA, one of the very few
humanitarian organisations still active in the Gaza Strip.

“Applying a conservative estimate of four indirect deaths per one
direct death to the 37 396 deaths reported, it is not implausible to
estimate that up to 186 000 or even more deaths could be attributable
to the current conflict in Gaza.

“Using the 2022 Gaza Strip population estimate of 2 ,375 ,259, this
would translate to 7·9% of the total population in the Gaza Strip.”

It comes after Palestinians in Gaza City reported experiencing one of
the most intense Israeli bombardments since the attacks began in the
wake of October 7

https://www.thenational.scot/news/24437923.gaza-death-toll-high-186-000-warn-health-experts/

The Isaeli leadership should all be hanged at war's end. Genocide is a
recognized war crime under international law
JTEM
2024-07-14 05:54:43 UTC
Seeing how it's too late to get Hamas to NOT start the war which
they knew they'd lose and countless civilians would die, why
don't we pressure Hamas into surrendering?

If Hamas surrenders the war is over and nobody else gets killed.

Well. The terrorists, once identified, should be placed on trial
and then executed...

"Martyrs." Hamas *Loves* "Martyrs," at least when they're helpless
babies but not so much when they're the people making the decision
to kill innocent civilians...
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
trotsky
2024-07-14 12:03:20 UTC
Post by JTEM
Seeing how it's too late to get Hamas to NOT start the war which
they knew they'd lose and countless civilians would die, why
don't we pressure Hamas into surrendering?
Wow, so you say Hamas knew in advance that Israel would target civilians
with U.S. supplied half ton and one ton bombs committing war crimes in
the process? Because I don't think you actually know what you're saying.
to kill innocent civilians...
JTEM
2024-07-14 17:57:46 UTC
Post by trotsky
Wow, so you say Hamas knew in advance that Israel would target civilians
I'm saying that Hamas knew that there's never been a war where innocent
civilians weren't killed. I'm saying that Hamas not only understood that
by placing themselves and their assets in sensitive civilian areas they
were ensuring the maximum number of civilian casualties. I'm pointing
out the fact that Hamas ALWAYS HAS engineered civilian casualties
because they know that shit stains will always reward them for it.

Hamas new they weren't going to defeat Israel on October 7.

Hamas knew that such a massive attack was going to bring about an
unprecedented response from Israel.

Hamas wanted the maximum number of dead babies because they can't win
militarily so they're trying to win a propaganda victory.

This has never not been known.

I quoted stories written about it back in 2014, arguing against some
stupid shit stain enraged that Israel kept firing back after Hamas
mortar and rocket attacks, back then...

http://online.wsj.com/articles/thane-rosenbaum-civilian-casualties-in-gaza-1405970362?reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

That's 2014. That was 10 years ago and it was already old news back
then.

Hamas is not composed of reasonable, rational people. They never wanted
peace and they are never going to make peace under ANY conditions.

We need stability which means we need Hamas exterminated.

Once Gaza has a rational government that values the lives of
Palestinians even more than it does the death of Israelis, we can have
stability. But we can't have that until Hamas has been stamped out of
existence.
Sharx335
2024-07-14 18:45:22 UTC
Post by trotsky
Post by JTEM
Seeing how it's too late to get Hamas to NOT start the war which
they knew they'd lose and countless civilians would die, why
don't we pressure Hamas into surrendering?
Wow, so you say Hamas knew in advance that Israel would target civilians
with U.S. supplied half ton and one ton bombs committing war crimes in
the process?  Because I don't think you actually know what you're saying.
YOU sure as hell do NOT know what you are saying.
to kill innocent civilians...
%
i thought you died
JTEM
2024-07-14 17:58:20 UTC
Post by %
Post by JTEM
Seeing how it's too late to get Hamas to NOT start the war which
they knew they'd lose and countless civilians would die, why
don't we pressure Hamas into surrendering?
If Hamas surrenders the war is over and nobody else gets killed.
Well. The terrorists, once identified, should be placed on trial
and then executed...
"Martyrs." Hamas *Loves* "Martyrs," at least when they're helpless
babies but not so much when they're the people making the decision
to kill innocent civilians...
i thought you died
"Thought?" I doubt that.
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
%
2024-07-14 18:11:48 UTC
Post by JTEM
Post by %
Post by JTEM
Seeing how it's too late to get Hamas to NOT start the war which
they knew they'd lose and countless civilians would die, why
don't we pressure Hamas into surrendering?
If Hamas surrenders the war is over and nobody else gets killed.
Well. The terrorists, once identified, should be placed on trial
and then executed...
"Martyrs." Hamas *Loves* "Martyrs," at least when they're helpless
babies but not so much when they're the people making the decision
to kill innocent civilians...
i thought you died
"Thought?" I doubt that.
its usually the lesser intelligent person , that comments
on the more intelligent person's , lack of intelligents
and we all think what we do has major significants
%

Sharx335
2024-07-14 18:43:18 UTC
On 2024-07-13 10:26 p.m., NefeshBarYochai wrote:

Oh, Boo FUCKING Hoo

Had Hamas not killed 1200 men, women, and children on Oct. 7, hardly any
of the ensuing death and destruction would have occurred. End. Of.
Discussion.